Sarah Harding arrested for 'using mobile phone while driving and failing to stop for police'

Posted by Unknown On Sunday, April 7, 2013 0 comments
Pop star Sarah Harding has been arrested for using her mobile phone behind the wheel and failing to stop for police.
The former Girls Aloud singer, 31, was charged with two offences after being pulled over in central London on Thursday afternoon.
The blonde star was allegedly spotted on her mobile phone while driving along Charing Cross Road.
Trouble: Sarah Harding, pictured at London's Ivy Club on March 26, has been arrested
Trouble: Sarah Harding, pictured at London's Ivy Club on March 26, has been arrested
When police attempted to flag her down, the singer allegedly refused and ended up being stopped minutes later, according to the Sunday Mirror.
The some-time actress was taken to Holborn Police Station and charged with the two offences following the incident at 6pm.
A spokesperson for the Metropolitan Police confirmed the charges to the MailOnline.
Sarah was bailed to appear at Highbury Corner Magistrates Court on April 16.
On the road: Sarah on her mobile phone while sat in her car in Camden, North London in October 2012
On the road: Sarah on her mobile phone while sat in her car in Camden, North London in October 2012
Drivers who are convicted of using a mobile while driving can face a maximum fine of £1,000 and even lose their licences.
Meanwhile, failing to stop for a police officer can result in a £5,000 fine.
Despite her arrest, there was no mention of the incident on her Twitter feed.
On Saturday, she tweeted about recording her debut solo album following Girls Aloud's split two weeks ago.
She tweeted: 'If the cover track I'm about to record in my studio tonight didn't relate to most of humanity I probably wouldn't bother. Hope u get 2 hear it.
End of an era: Sarah recently completed the Girls Aloud Ten reunion tour with her bandmates - before splitting for good
End of an era: Sarah recently completed the Girls Aloud Ten reunion tour with her bandmates - before splitting for good
'I want to inspire... want to raise eyebrows...and hopefully, eventually, be understood... as my idol Marilyn once said "If I'd observed all the rules, I'd never had got anywhere".'
The arrest comes after Sarah spoke of how calmer her life is now following a stint in rehab in 2011.
She told Look magazine: 'I’m 200 percent better in terms of my inner strength and attitude. I’m a lot calmer. I still have my hyper days, but I just take one day at a time.
'In the band it was a roller coaster. And yes, I have learned from my mistakes.'
Sarah hit the party scene hard after her 2011 split from DJ fiance Tom Crane.
On reflection, she said: 'I’m just like any normal person, I have a drink. Back then I was going through a break-up. That was then and this is now and, yes, things are different.'

0 comments:

Post a Comment